Original caption: Breaking camp at close of excavation on March 29, 1952.
Comments: This picture shows the Bedouin workers taking down the main food tent of the team camp at the end of the expedition. Importantly, behind them at the foot of the hill there are ruins of a small structure made of field stones built up against the lower rocks of the hill.
THE ASOR COLLECTION CONTAINS PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE 1952 EXPLORATION OF THE QUMRAN CAVES, FOLLOWING THE INITIAL DISCOVERY OF THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS, WHICH HAVE BEEN SHARED WITH MEMBERS OF THE DQCAAS NETWORK.
TO REPRODUCE OR PUBLISH THE ABOVE IMAGE, PLEASE CONTACT ARCHIVES@ASOR.ORG.
WHEN REFERRING TO, OR CITING, ANY OF THESE IMAGES PLEASE CREDIT THE AMERICAN SCHOOLS OF ORIENTAL RESEARCH ARCHIVES, COLL. 005 ASOR PHOTOGRAPH COLLECTION, QUMRAN PHOTOGRAPHS, 1952.